Tuesday 21 August 2012

Stable Call

Having recently discovered the very nice way that many of the lovely folks from the Petopia Forums share their stables, I made my very own to share.

Grid layout courtesy of Vephriel


This is my current stable setup prior to Mists of Pandaria. With the three spots remaining I hope to also tame an up-and-coming goat, as well as any possible spirit beasts which may catch my eye.

Looking at my stable I am sad to admit that I don't use very many of these pets. While in many ways having 25 stable slots was a good thing, I also find that I collected a lot of my pets, simply for the sake of having a pretty or unique pet - not unlike collecting sea shells and/or pretty rocks. Being a raider has played some part in this, being obligated to bring your max dps pet to all fights gives little opportunity to enjoy all your pets regardless of what abilities they have. However with the new pet talent design coming in Mists, I'll hopefully be able to give some of my more neglected pets a little more one on one time.

It's my intention to share some stories about why I have picked certain pets/pet skins and more importantly, why their particular names. Names are very important to me when it comes to pets. It always makes me sad to see a hunter who hasn't named their pet (especially if a see them over a course of time and their poor pet never gets named) Some of my pets names are references to characters of books or shows that I am fond of, others have meanings which I feel fit the individuals. I think that a name has to fit just right, or your pet never feels right.

I can't decide what I like more. Taming pets, or naming pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment