Friday 31 August 2012

My Favourite Hunter Mods

One of my other favourite things in Warcraft is Mods/Addons. Ever since I got a computer powerful enough to comfortably handle having them, mods have become a major part of my warcraft enjoyment. I love having a helpful and clean UI. Every few months or so I change my UI based on what I need/like to have. I've never been able to get into pre-made UI packages, preferring to build my own using the mods I like the most. I must admit that that playing with my UI is perhaps one of my Warcraft guilty pleasures. Particularly when it comes to aesthetic mods and mods that I don't really NEED, I just... like the have them. I also love seeing the UI setup of other players as well.

Today I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite hunter centric mods.

JS' Hunter Bar
This mod gives you a separate fully customisable focus bar. Allowing you to easily track how much focus you have and also gives indications of how much focus you will gain from certain abilities. The mod also allows you to add in timers for hunter cooldowns (Bestial Wrath, Ancient Hysteria etc) and allows you to add your own timers. Also provides indicators/alerts for aspects, hunter's mark, traps and tranquilising shot. Last expac this mod became serenity, however the author, JS, decided to remake it as JS' Hunter Bar for this patch/expec to make it a little easier to manage.

Focus bar with first low focus warning

Focus Bar with Tracking/Cooldown Timers active

All my active bars unlocked - these can be moved wherever you like

PetEmote
PetEmote is a gorgeous mod currently been hosted and maintained by the folks over at the Petopia Forums.What PetEmote does is produce random family specific emotes on behalf of your pets, which both you and others can see. A lot of the emotes produced have been written by the Petopia Community themselves. This mod gives some wonderful personality to each of your pets, and looks like there is going to be some beautiful emotes added for the new Mists of Pandaria pets as well.

Improved Stable Frame  
All this one does is put all your stabled pets on one page so you can see them all at once without having to swap back and forth. A little thing, but I personally like it.


Hunter Stable Info
Is a data broker addon (I use it with Titan Panel) which gives you details about your stabled pets as well as all the pet families. It tells you what pet you have active (when the pet it out) and when you hover over it it tells you which pets you have in your active slots and which are in the stables, as well as what each pets names, level and families are. When you select the pet it gives you a picture of that pet.

When you right click on the mod it changes and gives you all tameable pet families, what their spec is (not sure if this will be removed with this patch or not) and all of their abilities.When you hover over each ability it tells you what it specifically does. Alternatively you can select the pet family name and all of it's abilities will appear in your chat window, allowing you to click on each of the abilities to get a tooltip with the information.

Since hyena and serpent abilities have changed they are no longer appearing. 
 Unfortunately this mod hasn't been updated since August last year, but hopefully with Mists we will see more up to date information come up.

And that's my favourite hunter centric mods I use :)

Happy Hunting!

4 comments:

  1. Reading your blog makes me miss WoW. I miss my Mage. Perhaps I should go back and play again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing wow, but at the same time I know quite a few who have quit and don't really miss it. The thing I love is that it has come so far from the beginning. There is so much more for every type of player to do no, unlike the previous raid or don't play at all mentality that seemed prominent. And there is even more new things to do coming out in the next expansion as well.

      Thanks very much for reading and leaving a comment :D

      Delete
  2. I'm dl'ing the Improved Stable Frame add on as I type this. Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will admit, I forgot I was using a mod for it, so when the patch hit and I hadn't updated my mods yet I opened my stable and went "2 pages? wha?..." Then I remembered *sheepish grin*

      Delete