Saturday 1 September 2012

Things I am enjoying about Patch 5.0.4

1. All mounts, all the time! 
I'm getting a real kick out of having all my mounts on all my toons. Especially since I recently completed grinding out my Netherwing Rep (finally!) AND got my 100 mounts achievement. I also had a few rare mounts on alts I don't play very often that I wanted on my main, so now she has them too! (Hello Brewfest Ram and Kodo!)
What I love about it even more is that because it is battle.net account wide, my secondary account gets all the mounts too. So my hunter on my secondary account now has more than a horse and a griffin to ride. Huzzah!

2. AOE Looting
Enough said.

3. Any pet I want at any time.
Being able to change the spec of my pets is nice. It means I can use whichever of my pets I want to use without having to feel like I am not doing as much damage as I should be. While this isn't really an issue at the moment since I am neither raiding, nor running dungeons. It is nice to know that I can pull any pet out and have them be dps set with a click of a button. Independent special abilities aside. I hope this will encourage me to use a lot more of my pets more often and form better bonds with each of them. I feel like I have my 1-4 go to pets for each situation and that's it. Of course, now I have to decide who I feel like taking out today...

4. Having a real choice
I am really enjoying the new talent system. Having the ability to choose which talents/abilities I want is wonderful. No right or wrong choices, just what I think suits me and my current play style. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like the new system, but I personally think it's a good change. Different - but good. 

4. No minimum range
While it doesn't feel quite hunter-ish, being able to attack things up close (and actually do significant damage) is very nice. Even if I do still automatically back up or strafe aside when something comes into range.

5. More dig for your sites
You can now get more artifact digs out of a dig site for Archaeology. I'm still a bit undecided about this one since even though I get more artifacts per site (which is nice), it makes trying to get a certain artifact type digsite appear take a lot longer. (I only needed 1 more fossil fragment for my pterodaxx mini-pet, could I get a fossil digsite? Sure, about 2 hours later. *headdesk*)

6. Trap launcher being an aura-type ability
This is quite cool, now you can effectively "toggle" trap launcher on, and it will stay on, allowing you to launch traps at anytime. And it doesn't need to be refreshed after launching a trap. 

Things I am not enjoying about Patch 5.0.4
Mods being broken and then discovering that some of them haven't been updated in about a year :( While I love looking for new mods, I'm rather attached to some of the ones I have, having to find replacements - especially for the little, more unusual, aesthetic only ones, is frustrating. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment