Monday 24 September 2012

Looking back on Cataclysm.

Cataclysm has been an interesting expansion. I thought I might sit down and briefly reflect on the patch that was and what I enjoyed and didn't enjoy.

The Good

The Raids: I quite liked the raids in this patch, many of the mechanics were interesting and while my guild rarely completed them before the next one came out, I did get to experience more then enough.

Archaeology: Initially I didn't like archaeology, but with time it really grew on me, I still haven't got a lot of the rares from Cata, so I hope to work on them some more over time.

Transmogrification: I LOVE this feature. Being able to change the appearance of your gear is a lot of fun, and it was nice to be able to make yourself a little more unique rather then just being yet another hunter in the latest tier gear.

LFR: I didn't use it much, but with looking to change my playstyle a little (breaking away from a lot of guild orientated raiding) I am looking forward to raiding when I want to, if only just to try it out.

Challenge Tames: I didn't try for many, but I did enjoy the ones I did get (Bantha'los and Deth'tilac)

The Bad

I didn't do as much overall during this one as others, my fear of pugs reached an all time high and barely ran any dungeons without people I knew.

Too much downtime: The break between the last major patch and the pre-patch for Mists really was a bit too long. While I did get some achievements and similar things done, really I spent way too much time paying for a game I wasn't really playing.

Fire: I am so sick of seeing things on fire, or lava, or lava with fire in it.

Vash'jir: I couldn't stand this zone, I plan only to enter it again to complete all the quests there for loremaster, then never again.

Looking forward

I am really looking forward to Mists. I am planning on taking my time and really enjoying the expansion in my own time - previously I have felt obligated to rush levelling to get ready for raiding etc.

Pandaria looks amazing, so I am hoping to really take it all in without ignoring all of it in favour of speedy levelling.

There looks like there is going to be so much to do in the new expac, so I am getting pretty excited about the whole thing =D

Happy Hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment